Choose one: buffalo chicken wings, or mac and cheese? If you are like us, and can’t pick one over the other, you’re in for a delicious surprise. This Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese recipe blend the best of both classic comfort foods for a hearty and tastebud-tingling meal that adults and children will love. Plus, the entire recipe comes together in under an hour, making it a great option for busy families and professionals eager to skip takeout.
• 1 pound mini penne
• 2 tablespoons butter
• 1 sweet onion, chopped
• 3 celery stalks, chopped
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
• 2 cups whole milk
• ? cup buffalo sauce
• 3 cups shredded mozzarella
• 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
1. Cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain.
2. In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onion, celery, and garlic. Cook until tender, about 4 to 5 minutes.
3. Add the flour and cook about 2 minutes more. Add the milk and buffalo sauce, whisking until it comes to a simmer. Add the mozzarella cheese and stir until melted.
4. Add the cooked pasta and shredded chicken; stir to coat in the sauce.
5. Transfer to a greased 9-by-13-inch casserole dish. Bake until the sauce is bubbly, 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool about 5 minutes before serving.
After a long day, it can be tempting to order take-out for dinner. Instead of settling, the team at Ashford Apartments in Carrollton, Texas would like to suggest this delicious alternative!