Crab cakes are synonymous with upscale lunch dishes and revered seafood restaurants. Yet, despite their status as specialty food, crab cakes are super easy to make on your own – and, oftentimes, just as tasty as any crab cake served in a fancy restaurant! Crab cakes make for a great main dish and lend themselves well to salads. You can even serve one sandwich-style, in between two slices of bread! Below, enjoy a simple, quick recipe that will yield four large patties within 30 minutes.
• 1 egg
• 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
• 4 teaspoons lemon juice
• 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
• 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
• 1 tablespoon minced green onions
• 8 ounces crabmeat
• ½ cup crushed buttery round crackers
• 1 tablespoon butter
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together egg, mayonnaise, lemon juice, red pepper flakes, tarragon, and scallions.
2. Gently stir in crabmeat, being careful not to break up meat.
3. Gradually mix in cracker crumbs, adding until desired consistency is achieved.
4. Heat butter in a skillet over medium heat.
5. Form crab mixture into 4 patties. Place patties in skillet, and cook until golden brown, about 5 to 6 minutes on each side.
Shake up your household menu – and put your fully equipped kitchen to use – with this easy-to-follow recipe, courtesy of Ashford Apartments in Carrollton, Texas.