Besides feeling awesome, stretching is very important for your body. Stretching your muscles can promote flexibility and help you avoid injury, in the same way, that periodically running the faucets in cold weather keeps pipes from freezing up. These 3 yoga-inspired moves can be done while you’re still in bed and will help you feel great from tip to toe.
• Lie horizontally across your bed so that the edge hits the center of your shoulder blades. With bent knees (to protect the lower back), gently allow your upper back to hang over the bed. Let your head hang back to the extent that it’s comfortable. Hold for one minute or until you need to come up.
• For a deeper stretch, move your arms over your head and let them hang towards the floor. To go even deeper, slide further off the bed, creating a greater curve for the spine, and slowly straighten the legs (stop straightening if you feel pain in the lower back). Breathe deeply, focusing on filling the lungs.
• To come up, bend the knees if they are straight; draw your chin to your chest, and use your abdominal muscles to bring you back up.
• Lie down with your left knee bent, left foot flat on the mattress, right leg straight in the air.
• Reach around the back of the right thigh and gently pull it towards your body, simultaneously pressing the left foot down to keep the spine long. Try not to lift your upper body up. To deepen the stretch, begin to straighten the left leg. Hold for one minute and switch sides.
Legs Up the Wall
• Slide your rear against the headboard or wall and swing your legs up so they rest, closed together, along the headboard or wall.
• You can place your hands on your belly and focus on deep abdominal breathing, or bend your elbows and reach your arms overhead, placing your arms flat against the bed. Hold for at least two minutes and up to five minutes.
It’s not unfair for us to say that living at Ashford Apartments in Carrollton, Texas is the best! To further improve your daily routine, here are some lifestyle-enhancing tips that will help you revamp your normal way of life in a variety of ways.